10 Steps to the best White Bread Rolls you'll ever taste!
This recipe takes some time, but the time is spent waiting for your Bread Machine to do its thing. The actual 'labour' is really only a few minutes. The result: the most delicious bread rolls you will ever taste! We're sure you'll never want to eat a shop-bought bread roll again.
- Ensure that your bread machine's paddle is correctly inserted.
- Place the ingredients in the pan in the order they are listed here*:
* We use this recipe in our Ma Baker Bread Machine. If you have a different brand, please be sure to follow your bread machine's guidelines regarding which order to use ingredients in.
- 1 ¼ cup water (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 ¼ cup strong white bread flour. (We love Eureka's Unbleached Stone Ground bread flour but any white bread flour will do!)
- Make a little well in your flour, and add 1 ½ teaspoons fast action yeast
- Set machine to Dough Setting (setting 8 on our version).
- Put your feet up and relax for the next 1.5 hours while the machine does all the work for you. The machine should give you a "beep" once the dough is ready for you.
- Remove dough from pan. On a well-floured surface knead and shape into 6 rolls. Place shaped rolls on a non-stick oven liner, or greased oven pan. (You can use coconut oil for greasing.)
- Drizzle or brush with melted coconut oil.
- Cover and leave for 25 minutes until double in size. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- With a very sharp knife, give the top of each roll a firm diagonal slice (about 0.5cm deep).
- Brush with melted coconut oil again. Place in oven and bake for 15 – 25 minutes until golden on top.
- Once ready, remove from oven and allow to cool. (This is the hardest part! You'll want to eat them right away.)
These are just incredible! Enjoy!